Thursday, December 1, 2016

My Life "Ruined" on My 18th Birthday!



Birthday Memories


Graphic Attributed to: 



Today I recognize the day I celebrated my 18th birthday so many years ago. I landed at the Frankfurt airport and spent the night at the U.S. military equivalent of a hotel in Heidelberg, Germany with my family. My father was stationed there for 3 years. I stayed an additional 3 1/2 years, lived in a Germany community off post, finished my degree with University of Maryland - European campus, and had one of the best jobs ever at Army Child Development Services. Those were my "growing up" years.

When my parents first told me about the move, I was so sure that they were ruining my life. I had just graduated from high school that year and had planned to go to Old Dominion University in Virginia. My mom said, "Try it for one year, and if you don't like it you can go back stateside." The rest was an amazing history. But I'll never live down that I told my parents my life was being ruined. Turns out, it was just the beginning of my story. Hope all of you have an awesome day and take a moment to reflect on your own personal live changing moments. To find out a little more about my adventures, check out:


My Publications















My Life in Heidelberg Inspired Many Life Changing Decisions
I'd love to hear about your story too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

I have over 20 years of experience in Early Childhood Development Birth-Age 5 including work in classrooms and as an Infant/Toddler Program Manager.  I have several writing projects in progress including a resource book for parents of infants and infant room teachers in a full day child development (school) program.  The book will provide families with information about what to expect and how to monitor their child's progress in an Infant room.  My second book project involves how to cope with family challenges, lessons in forgiveness, dealing with a spouse's addiction, and reinventing yourself along the way.  I am excited about all of these projects and am currently accepting comments regarding experiences my readers have had placing their child into a full day child care program.  I would also like to hear from Infant room teachers.